There are three things you are going to need:
-a domain name – this is web business which is typed into the internet browser so the user can navigate to your website;
-Wordpress theme and software – WordPress is free to use and download, as are many of the items available (of which there are hundreds and probably thousands available), though you can pay for WordPress themes or customization if you want it; and
-A payment processor – this is a means for you to receive payment for the goods being sold.
Your domain name can be the one designated by WordPress but, though this is free it does not look professional, and it does anything to help you create an online branding identity, which is very important.
You can typically source domain names very cheap from sites such as GoDaddy or HostGator, but if you are looking for a name which contains very common or desired words or phrases, expect to pay a lot of money for the name.
Ideally, you want a name which is easy to remember, easy to type into a web browser and has a close degree of relationship with your product or service offering.
You can download the WordPress software and themes for free from wordpress.org as well as gain immediate access to a huge living community, for technical and commercial advice with any issues you may have.
WordPress allows you to manage the content displayed on your site from the text, images, navigation buttons and a host of other materials, typically operated by the use of “widgets.” Widgets come in all shapes and sizes and typically are used to provide changing content using your sidebars, headers, and footers about your central page content.
You will also find that WordPress has an eCommerce “plugin”; a plugin is simply an additional feature which is added to the WordPress theme to deliver additional functionality. With an eCommerce site, you typically need a static-looking web site, with product pages and categories, payment and verification process and the ability to track and manage customer orders.
Many people already familiar with WordPress as a blog platform wonder how the diary format of the site can be changed to a static homepage. A blog will typically display the last post that has been made, which is confusing for new and returning visitors.
Payment Processor – The Shopping Cart
The shopping cart is usually a plugin which allows for the customer to add products to their buying list, and also takes the customer through the order confirmation, payment, and verification process.
Shopping carts are a vital eCommerce tool because without them, processing payments become fraught and unwieldy and many potential customers will not fight in a clunky, slow payment process. It is vital you get this aspect of the eCommerce website right!
Advantages of eCommerce web development for your Business
Some of the most significant benefits of eCommerce application development include:
– It assists the companies to get connected to their target audience across the boundaries. An organization located in any part of this world can have customers from anywhere across the globe.
– Ensures availability of your products and services round the clock and the potential users can avail them any time they wish. You can also remain in touch with your customers all the time, and the users get benefited with your services whenever they want.
– Due to being SEO friendly, eCommerce applications are very familiar with web development companies. There are increased chances that your offerings are noticed by the potential users due to more visibility. The need is to hire an expert company for web development in Mumbai.
– It is beneficial for users, business houses as well as society.
– It lends a helping hand for effective marketing at lesser and quite affordable rates and proves to be very helpful in cost saving.
– With this customization is very easily possible. It helps in the modification of contents very quickly without much hassle.
– You get an extremely scalable and safe process for the expansion of your business online.
– The benefit also includes increased revenues. Owing to its user-friendly nature, it ensures a number of users for your site who can become your potential clients as well. This translates into increased sales volume, which proves to be highly beneficial for your business.
– You notice top notch performance with lesser attempts. This is a significant reason that supports eCommerce application development.
– It provides you with better avenues of tracking the complete sales reports as well as users’ interests through the same. You can extremely easy come to know about sales figures and user interest with its help.
The list certainly does not end here as there are many more benefits that come with e commerce web development. However, the need is to choose a professional company for web developers who can remain true to the spirits and provides you with the best services that help your business to achieve greater success.